[thelist] LI and float: left Question

Jay Turley jayturley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 16:05:15 CST 2010

Hi-

I need to know if there is a way to stop left-floated elements in a
div from wrapping when they pass the edge of the div.

Essentially I have a UL of LIs which are all 200px wide. The UL is in
a DIV which is 600px wide and has CSS of { overflow: hidden; }. Each
LI has CSS of { float: left; display:inline }.

The float:left is necessary because of some other HTML which isn't
important here (if I can't solve the problem the wayI'd like to, I'll
end up redoing the whole thing).

What I want to do is ensure the UL does not wrap inside the DIV.
Unfortunately, because of the behavior of floated elements, I can't
figure out how.

The page is here:

http://esceeproperties.com/escee_new/listings.asp

The idea is that the scroller at the bottom will enable scrolling
through the UL by 3 LI at a time.

Thanks for any help!

-Jay