[thelist] general trend with primary buttons on drop down menus

Will willthemoor at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 13:33:16 CST 2010

Make menu item 3 link to a page that has links to all of your other
items in that drop down. Some people refer to it as a landing page. If
all of that nav item's subpages have sectional navigation linking to
all of menu item 3's subpages , a redirect is fine. The point is to
ensure that for anyone who does click on the top nav item, they end up
someplace relevant and can continue to navigate the section from
there. An awful lot of people with js and hover capable browsers will
likely still click the main menu item.

I'm not sure it matters either way for seo as long as the sub nav
items are actually links on the page revealed on hover as opposed a
bunch of links inserted via js.