[thelist] Viability of Wordpress Sites for clients

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Tue Feb 23 15:50:08 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Barney Carroll <barney.carroll at gmail.com>wrote:

> > will clients be coming back in a year or two (or five) asking why their
> > sites are broken?
>
> Is this a problem or an opportunity? ;)

that would be a 'bingo' there, Barney

> I don't have any experience of Wordpress, but I would advise, as regards
> the
> kind of situation you describe above, to have some frankness with your
> clients.

yup; proactively advise them about what can, and probably will happen, and
offer to make it part of your service to prevent it for them. I intend to
make it part of our support packages that if we provided WordPress for them,
we'll manage updates. more work. more money. I think that's how I make my
living though, so working in exchange for money seems fair . . .

joel