[thelist] Background to text using jQuery

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 10:36:37 CST 2010

NP, I know debugging libraries is a pain. Once had to fix a transition
effect in jQueryUI — that was problematic ;)

FYI the way I went about this was opening IE's DOM inspector, noticing the
elements in question were getting inline background-color styles applied,
searching the plugin JS for 'background-color', looking for the function
enclosing the background-color assignment — clearTypeFix(), then searching
for 'clearTypeFix' to find where and how that function was being called.

When you're dealing with code you haven't written yourself, searching for
the effect and extrapolating backwards through the source code is often a
lot easier than proper debugging.

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carroll at gmail.com