[thelist] Free Beginning Web Page / Learn HTML Program

Sarah Adams sarahwbs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 08:56:28 CDT 2010

>> +1 on w3schools.com and please for the love of all that is good, DO NOT
>> let her use Frontpage. EVER. It really should be outlawed.
>
> are the new versions still that bad? I'd heard otherwise. (originally
> learned 1.1 and, yes, it was that bad)

I haven't touched it since 1999 and I still can't wash away the ick. It
would be hard for a program to actually be worse than Frontpage was at
the time. Even if it did improve somewhat, I think recommending it to a
newbie is just sadistic.

re: w3schools.com, part of the reason I recommend it is it has examples
you can try out, where you write your markup in a textarea on the left,
and get to view the results on the right, directly in the browser.

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer