[thelist] Looking for extra-reliable, extra-secure .Net hosting

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Thu Apr 22 09:57:48 CDT 2010

> I would recommend either buying an app for a well-secured in-house box
... or outsourcing
> the entire function.  There are a number of companies that will handle
outsourced Payroll,
> HR, and other functions.  I believe their clientele is mostly small to
mid-sized companies.
> Sometimes it can be a good move to outsource a function and have it
handled well.

That's all good advice, Ron, but this isn't for our own in-house use.
We're looking to become one of those companies which serve the "58% of
companies with fewer than 500 employees".  Currently, we produce a
respectable desktop payroll product which we're looking to evolve into a
web app.

Eventually, we'll have to run our own data center, but during our start-up
phase, we are looking into the viability of using a host.

Which brings me back to the original question: what are the "right
questions" to be asking if I'm looking for maximum security and maximum
reliability?

Thanks again.