[thelist] a css nav menu frustration

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Fri May 21 04:22:20 CDT 2010

Meredith, as far as I can see the images still aren't large enough, and your
CSS background positioning is off.

Rather than stretching the images (the resulting smudge is pretty ugly), you
might want to extend the bottom row of pixels from the originals: rather
than try hit-and-miss to get the height exactly right, extend your images by
a good hundred pixels below and fill the bottom with an extension of the
last row of pixels. Then you want to make sure all the elements concerned
have their background-position's y set to top. Currently #javaNav a has
background-position: right — change that to background-position: right top,
and give all the other nav elements background-position: top left; currently
they are all defaulting to 50% for their vertical alignment.

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carroll at gmail.com
07594 506 381