[thelist] $_POST string

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 07:08:40 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:
> It's not a big deal, so don't spend too much time.  If it's something you
> want to learn for yourself, just because, then go for it.  The ajax thing I
> queried thelist about a couple weeks ago is much higher on my priority
> list.  -Bob

It was late, and I thought I could work something.

Having not touched yet it, I've already determined it isn't...well,
easy? And it's something I've never done, so I can't say it will work.

I thought you could maybe you could parse through the get variables
and set them as environment variables, but even if that's possible
it's extremely risky, since I'm not sure if other environment
variables can be over written that way or not.

That said, I'd suggest a router page to take the get variables, store
them in a session, and redirect to the requested form, or use forms
and hidden variables, and have your users click a button instead of a
link.

Have you gotten the AJAX thing taken care of? Let me know if you need
any help off-list.

--
-Jack Timmons
Blog: http://www.codeacula.com