[thelist] audio files (.wav)

Conyers, Dwayne dwayne.conyers at hp.com
Thu Jul 8 16:22:06 CDT 2010

Bob Meetin ink wired:

> I had some very old 60 minute family cassette tapes
> converted to audio files.  They were returned in
> .wav format and they are huge, 300+ MB.  I had
> planned on placing them on a family website but the
> size is close to a deal killer.  Are there better
> options than .wav

I agree that MP3 is a good format... but I have also used iTunes to convert data into that format and host as podcasts.  Since I had no intention to sell them, they are just free-for-all, but those who want to hear them are given the URL.  This, of course, requires you to have users with iPods and/or iTunes software... so may not be a 100% solution.

However... you can download QuickTime (with iTunes) and upgrade to pro to use that format.

--
The generation that took acid to escape reality is now taking antacid to deal with reality
http://blog.dwacon.com