[thelist] IIS Setting Up Web Site Structure

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Fri Jul 23 04:18:57 CDT 2010

If each one is its own separate website, then users will need to remember multiple hostnames.

>From an application isolation perspective, it doesn't matter if the tools are in one website (since one website can split across multiple application pools) or multiple websites (since multiple web application roots can be allocated to a single web app pool).

I would look at what your specifications are...

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of j s
Sent: Friday, 23 July 2010 5:42 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] IIS Setting Up Web Site Structure

Hi,

I'm creating an intranet. One section in the intranet, Tools, will have several applications in it.

What's the correct way to define the web site(s) in IIS? I'm not asking how to do it - rather:
Should the whole intranet that includes the Tools section be defined as one web site?
Or should each app under the Tools be a web site?  The databases are all held in the intranet.

JS