[thelist] Customer requirements: simple?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 14:38:54 CDT 2010

On 9 Sep 2010, at 05:24, Joel D Canfield wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Kevin Mulvihill  wrote:
>
>> Right on, Nan. That's exactly what I do too. Everyone has a price. PIAs pay
>> top dollar.
>

> In the long run, you'll regret that. If you work with jerks it will wear you
> down and affect your work for the people you like.

Agree, but my 'bugger off' rate really was very, very high. It dissuaded *nearly* everyone, but the tiny minority who paid it paid for some nice holidays that made up for it.

Mind you, thinking back, that 'bugger off' rate is less than I'm charged out at now. Closer to half, actually. And I get to work with mostly non-jerks.

hmmm, maybe time to get back in the game ;-)

Cheers
Martin