[thelist] Assignment Question

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Fri Sep 10 10:42:12 CDT 2010

It would help if we knew what language you're working with.

----------------------- Edward W. McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
310.904.3651

From: "Chris Dorer" <cdorer at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 8:40 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] Assignment Question

Folks,

I've googled, but I may not be searching the right way.

I would like to understand what the assignment operator |= means. That's
pipe-equals.

I'm feeling it's 'or assign', am-i-right? And, why would one use it?

Chris

--
The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power -- William
Shakespeare

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/