[thelist] Networking: WIFI: Is this MY connection?

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 20:47:39 CDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Frank Marion <lists at frankmarion.com> wrote:
> On 2010-09-11, at 5:55 PM, Matthew Pulis wrote:
>>
>> It could be the connection is cached or something similar. Does it appear
>> on
>> another computer? Also if you switch off the Mac book, does it still
>> appear?
>>
>> Could be Mac cached it.
>

> It appears on another computer that I have granted access to my router. I
> does appear after I reboot my Mac, PCs and router.

Check the SSID setting in your router--that's what is being broadcast.

Try setting your router to not broadcast your SSID and see if you can
still scan the network.

Try turning off your router and see if you can still scan the network.

Try removing the space from your SSID and see if that makes a difference.

I'm not that familiar with Mac's but I think that there is a way to
create a computer to computer network, make sure that setting is
disabled.

Dean