[thelist] Correct procedure for removing files from a site

steven streight vaspers at inbox.com
Wed Oct 13 11:35:56 CDT 2010

> well, the content has been superseded but there are references to the
> old content on google. isnt it polite to search engine users to not
> delete files? should I leave the files but remove the content
> replacing a meta redirect eg 301?

What do you mean the content has been "superceded"?

Is the content outdated, wrong, false, untweaked, incomplete, dysfunctional, erroneous, or misleading?

To know how to deal with the files, it would help to know why they are no longer relevant or are indeed useless.

:^)

Steven E. Streight

http://www.pluperfecter.blogspot.com
http://myspace.com/thestr8sounds