[thelist] Fwd: responsiveness from "the coffee shop"

Alex Beston alex.beston at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 12:10:38 CDT 2010

the other thing you could try to settle her worries would be some kind
of continual quality assurance - weekly report of the load times done
by a third party.

on my first look for such a service I found this:

http://www.iwebtool.com/speed_test?domain=alexander-beston.net

but obviously its not a weekly thing, but maybe their "gold account" does it.

vertain provide a basic service $25 / yr with testing every hour and
offer a weekly report.

http://www.vertain.com/?pft

looks like just the ticket!

The only thing I would say here is that performance from say vertain
to texas hostgator but how would it be from texas to say a server in
Australia? Might need a testing provider in australia. I think it
would come down to where the majority of your clients customers are
based.

other things in passing:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/website-load-speed-performace-testing-tools.html

http://www.pingdom.com/ does a sms report, though seems to track
uptime rather than page load times.

if s/he says "why should I buy this when my site should just work" -
i'll leave that to you to answer! buying peace of mind? provides
evidence that the service isnt what they thought it was? dunno!

--
rgds, Alex

blarg: bit.ly/old-log