[thelist] rearrange pages on a CMS driven site - need redirection help

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Wed Oct 27 22:13:07 CDT 2010

I have to rearrange some pages on a CMS driven site:

Old:
http://www.mywebsite.domain/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=472

New:
http://www.mywebsite.domain/index.php?option=com_wordpress&p=381&Itemid=318

In the .htaccess I added numerous variations similar to:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule  http://www.mywebsite.domain/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=472
http://www.mywebsite.domain/index.php?option=com_wordpress&p=381&Itemid=318
[R=301,L]

Yes the RewriteRule should be one line, just in case it breaks.  For the
first part of the argument I've tried with/without http://,
http://www.mywebsite.domain/, etc, no dice.  With or without the http://
after the rule it is failing and displaying a 404 article #472 not
found.  The reason of course for the redirect is to account for the
article having moved.

Also tried:

Redirect 301
http://www.mywebsite.domain/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=472
http://www.mywebsite.domain/index.php?option=com_wordpress&p=381&Itemid=318

I could do this with sh404SEF (for joomla) but I have reasons why I
don't want to enable that component at this time.

--
Bob Meetin
dotted i