[thelist] responsiveness from "the coffee shop"

Mohan Arun 437341 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 03:14:11 CST 2010

> Why not? It is an enhancement to Apache that speeds up web content
> delivery, and is not application-specific as it doesnt contain any
> code that pertains only to your web site.
>
> Godaddy is installing this on all their hosting servers.

>>are you saying it does work with the requirements? okay good, though
>>if you told the customer about apache you might need to first explain
>>that tonto or cowboys & indians are not involved in the package.

:-) it is the customer that complained about poor performance in the first
place, so they should be willing to lend you a ear if you told them in a way
they understood, like 'we are doing something to enhance the speed of
content delivery for your website' rather than mentioning 'Apache'
or mod_pagespeed. Most of them would appreciate your taking
the time to let them know. Many customers already know about Apache
or are very tech-savvy, so they would appreciate your mentioning
Apache specifically, because it tells them you construe of them as
equals in technical wizardry, rather than classifying them in
"business minus technology".

Mohan Arun L.
twitter: @437341