[thelist] redirecting links on WordPress

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Wed Nov 10 14:03:56 CST 2010

On 11/10/2010 10:37 AM, Brian Cummiskey wrote:
>  On 11/10/2010 10:31 AM, Joel D Canfield wrote:
>> The only way I see now is to use the cPanel redirection (hosting on
>> Siteground) but when I use it it cuts the last part of the initial url
>> leaving me with :
>> http://www.papel.be/Papel_251010/index.php
>> instead of :
>> xxx /index.php?m=actu
>>
>> Do you have any idea how I can solve that ?
> Make sure your stop part of the redirect includes QSA, ie,
> [L,R=301,QSA]
> That will attach query params to the url.

That's not it...  Joel is trying to match query string items from the old URL, but apache's rewriterule directive doesn't present them to be matched.  You have to match the query string in a RewriteCond directive, and then match the main part of the URL in the immediately following Rewrite rule.  Details are here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewritecond

I'm not a cPanel person, so you're on your own to figure out how to tell it to use both a condition and rule.

HTH,

Phil