[thelist] remove h1 line/entry

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Fri Nov 19 19:14:26 CST 2010

Mark Groen wrote:
> On 2010-11-19 4:30 PM, Bob Meetin wrote:
>> I'm needing to make some changes to a wordpress page to remove the
>> <h1> entry.  The following line includes both the header and
>> paragraph text.  This is some kind of function?

>> <?php the_content('<br />Read more &raquo;'); ?>
>>
>> The object is to remove only the header, not the balance of the
>> content. Is there a way to massage 'the_content' using preg_grep or
>> whatever to remove the text?  i.e. starting with:
>>
> Look in the theme files for the site you are using. That line could be
> in just one file called index.php but could also be in single.php etc.
>
> cheers,
>
>     Mark
> --

This is the line that I found in the themes/default/index.php file,
verbatim.  I don't care about the Read more stuff, that I can deal with.
I looked through a maze of other files to try to fine where the_content
is adding in the header line, but I don't see it.  Unless I can find and
drop it there, door #2 is to strip it out after the fact.

<?php the_content('<br />Read more &raquo;'); ?>

--
Bob Meetin
dotted i
303-926-0167 (home/business)