[thelist] Online Marketing Resource

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 15:08:11 CST 2011

> hosting business .. good marketer .. percentage of new sales
> Fred

Hi Fred

Whether it's viable or not depends entirely on the numbers but I've
certainly worked on a percentage basis before now. I know my stuff and I
don't wear a bow tie.

At the risk of destroying that perfectly formed image, my website is here
http://www.johnallsopp.co.uk . I've a worse one, it's here
http://www.flowmarketing.co.uk (I'm presently, with that one at least,
wondering at what point the data will tell me to make it look nice).
Another way of looking at it is .. I'm busy enough not to have had to fix
these sites.

Suffice to say, I'm data led. I generate traffic, convert that traffic,
and build those customers into long-term, loyal advocates and fans.

I do that with keyphrase analysis, branding and the psychology of target
markets, SEO, PPC, social media, conversion optimisation, usability,
copywriting .. the full range of Internet marketing tools.

I'd need to talk to your friend and get some numbers, find out what he (or
she) is currently doing, and I'd evolve it from there.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers
John Allsopp
john at johnallsopp.co.uk