[thelist] Online Marketing Resource

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 19:37:48 CST 2011

On 6 Jan 2011, at 21:28, john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

> I once heard a presentation from a chap
> telling us about the brilliant Internet marketing he'd done, and frankly
> it was bullshit because he had a great product.

But that itself is brilliant marketing. Having a great product that meets the needs of a target market is the biggest and hardest marketing task.

Too often (and particularly in technology), the product guys just build what makes sense to them and chuck it over the wall to the sales guys and tell them to get on with it. Rather than starting with the basic question of "What do people want to buy?" and then building it.

Cheers
Martin