[thelist] PHP Mailing List Tool

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 05:14:30 CST 2011

My host provides EZMLM but that tool doesn't store the real names of
the subscribers, just the email address. Mailman requires root
privileges to install and this site has simple shared hosting. PHPlist
is only one-way, i.e. only the admins can send a post to the list.

Can anyone recommend a tool which I can install on shared hosting,
which will create group email functionality? The group who wants this
wants it to be email-only, i.e. no web page browsing required, and
they want it to be 100% private, i.e. no Yahoo or Google groups. It
also needs to be monitored, of course, so that membership and posts
both must pass review by the admin before being accepted.

EZMLM has all this BUT it doesn't store the real names. We will use
that, unless someone knows of another tool.

Thanks,
Fred