[thelist] Site help with video

Alejandro E. Ramos Castro alk_ranksor at mac.com
Tue Feb 1 23:46:50 CST 2011

Very, very thank you for your help!

I was suspicious about the mime type but had no chance to verify that. I added it for the 'ogv' extension and the problem is now gone.

And that was just what caused the 404's and 206's the Hassan observed.

Now I will need to talk about it with the client's webmaster.

Thank you again for your time and help.

On 2011-02-01, at 18:11, erik mattheis wrote:

> The server is sending a mimt type of text/plain. Try adding a mime type for
> .ogv or changing the video's extension from ogv to ogg.
>
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Alejandro E. Ramos Castro <
> alk_ranksor at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am working on a site that is next to be launched, but in the index page
>> there is a video that is causing me some trouble.
>>
>> The page is apparently html5 compliant and local testing seems to be ok (my
>> own computer acting as a Web server), it works on Safari, Firefox and Chrome
>> on Macintosh and Windows, and in Explorer 7 and 8.
>>
>> All is fine until the client checks it uploaded on the server: Firefox does
>> not show the video (Mac & Win).
>>
>> I uploaded it to another server and the result is the same.
>>
>> Could you please be kind enough to view this site and help me figure out
>> what possibly is not working?
>>
>> The url is: http://www.dis.uia.mx/profesores/alex/pi/
>>
>> I am running out of ideas to fix it, so any hint will be very much
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you in advance for your time and advise.
>>

> --
> Erik Mattheis
>
> http://www.flickr.com/gelk
> --

Sincerely:

Alejandro E. Ramos Castro, Master in Systems Engineering
<alejandro.ramos at uia.mx> <(5255) 5950-4000 ext. 7163>
Manager, Digital Image Laboratory
Design Department, Universidad Iberoamericana A.C.
Mexico City