[thelist] Internet Explorer Presentation

"G.Sørtun" gunlaugs at c2i.net
Sun Feb 6 18:59:09 CST 2011

On 07.02.2011 01:13, Cindy Pryma wrote:
> I am new to this list and was recommended to join by Svend Tofte. I am also
> quite new to web design. I am presently using CSS and HTML in Dreamweaver
> (all I have at present). I am having a bit of trouble making the pages
> present properly in Internet Explorer. The one website in particular that
> has me stumped is www.thecompleatsalesperson.com. Any hints or advice would
> be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks, Cindy

IE7 and older have some problems, mainly caused by 'hasLayout' problems
me thinks...
<http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html>
It's a long read, but a must if you want IE7 to render as you want.

IE8 and 9 are doing OK - rendering more or less the same as other browsers.

Apart from that you have some markup-errors in there...
<http://tinyurl.com/5wol976>
...but I don't think those errors cause serious rendering problems in
any browser.
You should fix those markup-flaws ASAP anyway, so you don't pick up bad
habits from the very beginning.

regards
         Georg