[thelist] Facebook Connect / Twitter / Etc

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Sat Feb 26 11:55:27 CST 2011

 > I'm sure some of you like me are getting requests to add Facebook Like
> and Comment functions, also Twitter, to your websites.  Adding the
> buttons works fine.  The general problem comes in page load speed and
> perhaps validation.  Depending on which Facebook function (
> http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/ ) the page load speed hit
> varies.

Bob...

While I haven't dealt with this issue yet (95% of my current work is for internal business applications), I have been giving it some thought as to page load speed etc.

Just a WAG, but why not encapsulate the Facebook/Twitter call into an Async AJAX style call, so the function returns when it's ready - but doesn't slow the browser rendering down any?

--
Anthony Baratta