[thelist] Do SSL and Visa/MC Seals Help?

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 17 04:02:29 CDT 2011

On 15 March 2011 14:09, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:

> You certainly don't see Visa/MC/SSL seals on HostGator or MonsterHost
> nor on Amazon, however. I understand that those sites may be
> inherently trusted because people know their names, but anyhow you
> still see that the big boys don't use these seals/logos.

My personal opinion as a consumer is:

When I'm shopping in real shops (offline) that I'm unfamiliar with, I
sometimes look out for such logos in their window to check if they'll accept
my card.

However, when online, if I'm on an unfamiliar site, I only want to see
either PayPal or Google Checkout.

--
Lee
www.webdeavour.co.uk