[thelist] fonts (Palatino / General)

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Wed May 25 12:21:26 CDT 2011

On 05/25/2011 10:58 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
> fc-match palatino
I found a free download link for Palatino and installed it on linux.  The Ubuntu install method is futile, so all you do is copy the font into /usr/share/fonts/custom.  So easy.

/usr/share/fonts/custom# fc-match palatino
Palatino.ttf: "Palatino" "Regular"

So now I can see what it looks like and with Simon's link, the HTML and CSS.  However I don't have a warm and fuzzy that it's universal.  Several of the links I checked say Palatino Linotype for Windows and Palatino for MAC.  Would this be a CSS solution

body {
font-family, "Palatino", "Palatino Linotype";
}

since either one or the other seems to be available per platform?  Another link I found:

http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html

--
Bob Meetin