[thelist] Firefox 4.0

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 07:34:43 CDT 2011

On 12 July 2011 13:20, Symeon Charalabides <symeon at systasis.com> wrote:
> As others have advocated, Chrome is a great alternative for web development. But I do a lot of front-end work and the Web Developer add-on is pretty indispensible to me.

Having used Chrome's DOM inspector & Firebug before that for some
time, it's skewed my development methods somewhat and I forget other
people might want to do debug front-ends in other ways, but it's worth
pointing out that most of FF's most popular web dev extensions are
also available for Chrome:

Web Developer: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bfbameneiokkgbdmiekhjnmfkcnldhhm
MeasureIt: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aonjhmdcgbgikgjapjckfkefpphjpgma
iMacros: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cplklnmnlbnpmjogncfgfijoopmnlemp
YSlow: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ninejjcohidippngpapiilnmkgllmakh

Plenty more if you have a look around. These don't affect speed to any
significant degree.

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carroll at gmail.com