[thelist] development time cost on new functionality

Chris Dorer cdorer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 08:37:25 CDT 2011

I lean with Matt a bit more.

I'm trying to figure out in my current stage of business thought why there
is a difference between a company that has stopped working with accounts
that are less than say....  $500,000 and those who have yet attained one of
those accounts.

My current thinking has come up with:
The product you provide those companies saves them operations costs over the
years.  There is no reason not to charge them a one time yearly operational
cost if you save them that yearly cost over the next 5 years.

Incrementally build that revenue over time and you'll be able to grow
savings wise and company wise, over which more time invested into R&D should
return more back to you.

Just my two cents.

--
The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power -- William
Shakespeare