[thelist] ROLL UP! ROLL UP! Who can convert this simple table layout to CSS?

Mark Henderson shadefrozen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 06:07:47 CDT 2011

> Yes, it does make sense, thanks. I had considered this approach, but was
> really hoping there was an alternative just because it did seem a bit of a
> fudge. Plus, using that approach, I wasn't sure how to incorporate the
> patterned background fading to black near the bottom. I'm starting to think
> that the design may have to be changed to accommodate the situation.

In some ways, yes, to make the design easier, but I am sure it can be
accomplished (given I may still not *totally* understand exactly what
you require).

Be warned, use the following with care and test thoroughly:

http://techknack.net/css-trick-two-background-images/

Since you are not supporting IE you can simplify that example but it
should get you closer.

--
/*Mark