[thelist] flv player code and safari missing plugin

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sun Aug 14 10:53:21 CDT 2011

The problem: a safari user could not view the video because of a missing flash plugin (I think from what they said).

<script type='text/javascript' src='players/swfobject.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
   var so = new SWFObject('players/player.swf','mpl','190','167','9');
   so.addParam('allowfullscreen','true');
   so.addParam('allowscriptaccess','always');
   so.addParam('wmode','opaque');
   so.addVariable('file','http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN7jdI62F1U');
   so.write('mediaspace');
</script>

I replaced the path for swfobject.js and player.swf with generic stuff for readability.

I am thinking this is as easy as adding a line, a parameter perhaps,  into the code to instruct Safari, and maybe other browser, users where to download the missing flash plugin.

--
Bob