[thelist] Your opinion: managing clients who miss deadlines

erik mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Sep 7 16:21:15 CDT 2011

The honest thing here is that if a client doesn't meet a deadline, the
timeline needs to be reset and if the client doesn't understand that or
won't accept it on it's face, there's no choice of words or clauses that
will make them accept that.

I usually have the luxury of a project manager between me and the client,
but the culture here is to accept that some clients are easier to work with
than others. As well as accept that you're going to be at work past midnight
about once a month, ha ha! Seriously.

--
Erik Mattheis

http://www.flickr.com/gelk