[thelist] how to accept emails for broadcast email on web site

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 29 01:50:09 CDT 2011

On 28 September 2011 23:56, Matthew P. Johnson <info at ecoitsf.com> wrote:
> I would like to add a text box where a user can enter their email address
> then a button to execute a command to enter the users email address into a
> database to be emailed once my site is live.
>
> Is there something pre made I can add and if so would you please supply a
> link?

Well, there are still many mass email marketing services around.  I'm
not sure which provide widgets that allow your users to add themselves
to your contact database.  They all seem quite pricey so I've never
delved personally (I don't run any businesses), but a couple of
clients have asked me to integrate with whichever third party system
they already use, and they provided widgets (although they were
undocumented).

These days however, everyone just seems to be doing the 'follow us on
twitter / facebook' thing.  I still don't have accounts with either,
but that doesn't bother some TV programmes for example, they offer no
alternatives, and that doesn't bother me.

--
Lee
www.webdeavour.co.uk