[thelist] Finding (or growing!) Rails-aware front end developers

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 17:01:28 CDT 2011

Since I've gotten to the point of exclusively developing sites/apps
using Ruby on Rails, I've realized that, for the moment at least, I
would just as soon not mess around with the front end layout part.

To that end, I'd like to partner/collaborate with front-end designers
(UX/graphics/markup) who can work effectively in a Rails environment
without being programmers themselves.

Unfortunately, that pool seems to be vanishingly small :-)

But better to light a candle yadda yadda -- so to address that, I'm
considering creating a tutorial (probably a set of screencasts) to
introduce the processes and skills involved.

So if this idea sounds interesting, please let me know, and tell me
a little about your background. I have a rough outline of the course
but that's certainly subject to change depending on the needs of the
initial participants.

If you're a Rails-friendly front-end designer already, please contact
me off-list. Soon. Pretty please with sugar on it  :-)

Thanks,

H*
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder