[thelist] Tax rules to destroy the entrepreneur..

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Tue Oct 18 09:45:35 CDT 2011

On 10/17/2011 01:38 PM, Randal Rust wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Bob Meetin<bobm at dottedi.biz>  wrote:
>
>> One of my clients has me building an eCommerce system
> Not only are the taxes a hassle, but the PCI-compliance rules are as
> well. We stopped developing ecommerce sites and will only use hosted
> solutions like BigCommerce.com that are PCI-compliant.
>
> http://www.bigcommerce.com/pci-compliant-shopping-cart-software.php
> http://www.volusion.com/benefits_of_pci_compliance/
> http://www.corecommerce.com/pci-compliant-ecommerce-software.htm
My tax guy got back to me with a one.point.five-liner, "The problem is, you have only partially identified the issue. Its even more complex." Anyway, my client is also digging through some contacts at the State (Colorado), then later we will consider national implications - and I'd bet, go "reasonable".

--
Bob Meetin
dotted i - http://www.dottedi.biz