[thelist] Knowledge base/Wiki/Shared Docs: Recommendations?

Gersten, John JGERSTEN at lchb.com
Fri Jan 20 11:34:19 CST 2012

This. I attended an excellent presentation last year (at the Legal Marketing Association tech conference in SF) on creating in-house knowledge bases, and the dominant theme was that beyond creating something robust and usable, the really key factor was getting everyone to use it regularly -- in fact, by default. To this end, they outlined strategies for integration with telephone and accounting systems, but also included social engineering elements to build excitement and interest within the company. All of which made a huge amount of sense.

In addition, there were several testimonials about such centralization leading to significant cost savings, mostly through avoiding duplication of effort but also through sheer efficiencies of collective data. I realize that's not your primary goal, but it's better than the proverbial H3 in the eye :D

John