[thelist] mobile paypal buttons

Greg Holmes greg.holmes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 10:35:16 CDT 2012

Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:
>I'm not familiar enough  with paypal to realize
> that express checkout is something of its own.  So I started to look at it
> on paypal and through google.  This is anything but a slam dunk for anyone
> who isn't a real programmer (me). Me = dabbler.
>
> Have you gotten into this, any successes of your own?

We've actually implemented both in my day job - first we did Cart
Upload (basically like the Buy Now buttons but with multiple items),
then later we implemented Express Checkout (customer leaves the site
only to sign in at PayPal, then comes back and completes the order in
your cart. Both were added to our existing, custom made cart.

Express Checkout is definitely way more involved, especially if you
were previously just manually processing the PayPal orders from their
email notifications. (If you were already processing behind-the-scenes
notifications from PayPal, then conversion to Express Checkout may be
a little easier.)

It's definitely a programming, integration effort (unless you use a
turnkey shopping cart that already accommodates it).

Greg Holmes