[thelist] mobile paypal buttons

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sat Apr 14 02:09:40 CDT 2012

Not be PayPal affluent I did not realize that the FAQ I cited was particular to PayPal Express Checkout.  However, that being said, it really seemed to me (also Greg) that PayPal should be mobile-friendly this day and age so I submitted a support request with PayPal and got this reply:

/-->>    If you made a "Buy Now" button any time after November 2011, it is automatically programmed to recognize if you are on a mobile device and should take you to a mobile site. If you find this isn't the case, please supply a brief explanation with URL  and a screenshot to the "Contact Technical Support" link on www.paypal.com/mts <http://www.paypal.com/mts> . <<--
/

/
/That's more encouraging, but not what I'm seeing. I ran some, way to many, tests both in Joomla and plain HTML.  Here's a test page:  www.dottedi.info/vanilla

When I visit this page or the plain HTML version with my iPod I'm not getting a mobile-friendly paypal.  I see exactly the same page as on my desktop pc, just tiny proportion.

Could I get a few folks on the list with various devices visit the test page and reply with what you are seeing and the mobile device type?

Thx, Bob