[thelist] Old Firefox versions won't display page

Garth Hagerman hagerman at mcn.org
Wed Apr 18 17:14:13 CDT 2012

Hello-
I've got an odd problem with one of my clients' sites. The homepage of
Bored Feet Press:
<http://boredfeet.com/index.html>
Does not display on certain old versions of Firefox. The only one I've
been able to confirm the problem on is v 3.5.6 on Windows XP; the
client and one of his friends have problems with that page on their FF/
Mac combos, but I'm not sure exactly which FF version(s) they're using.
It produces the following error:  "Not Acceptable/ An appropriate
representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this
server."
The page displays OK in every other browser/operating system combo
under the Sun (well, every one I've tried).
The HTML and the CSS validate.

I've scoured bug lists and discussion forums to no avail. Does anybody
have an idea what could be tripping a bug in old versions of FF?

    thanks in advance-
    Garth