[thelist] magento / performance / amazon?

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Wed Aug 1 15:59:29 CDT 2012

A couple months back when we chose to go with magento for a shopping cart we knew going in that somewhere down the road we'd encounter performance problems, page load speed, the road hog.

In checking with Hostgator staff they recommend of course to move up to a more powerful CPU but they also suggested that there is some server tweaking that they can do for a small fee.  My client has also asked about Amazon hosting.  They do everything else, CDN, the works, shouldn't their hosting be superior?

Feedback please?

-Bob