[thelist] mysql table field - storing multiple values - solved

Renoir Boulanger renoirb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 07:03:25 CDT 2012

That's it.

What I recommend is that you use the json_decode() second argument which serves to switch to an array instead of 'instanceof stdClass'

json_decode is ideal as an encoding method when your class implements Serializable. But that's OOP and in your case array should be enough.

Sidenote

  Joomla do not, yet (!!!!), use Object-Oriented. As in similar to Java and C#. Have a look at php-fig.org  it's a workfroup redefining interoperability and next Joomla! big change will be that they are using Symfony2 as the underlying framework.

Big changes are coming ahead.

--
Renoir Boulanger
http://renoirboulanger.com/