[thelist] Webhook security

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Fri Aug 31 09:07:28 CDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Renoir Boulanger <renoirb at gmail.com> wrote:

> This my sound weird.
>
> But have you thought of using AMQP for message transfer for your events.

I have thought a lot about using AMQP and specifically RabbitMQ.  For many
tasks.

This situation is a bit less of a fit because I need to send a HTTP request
to a third party and there can be a number of reasons why the request fails
and needs to be retried later.   But maybe there's clever ways to delay
jobs and re-queue for retrying later on some fall-back schedule.

(A big objection at our company to AMQP implementations is the fear of a
queue loss, which I think is unfounded -- especially with something like
Rabbit's durable and HA queues.)

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org