[thelist] Google (or other) Maps / Ajax Zooming for images

Jay Turley jayturley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 22:05:33 CDT 2012

The location depends on the precision you need.

I did this with lat/long to six decimal places because the client needed
rooftop-level precision.

If using town names is an acceptable level of precision, you will still
need to do a lookup first in order to determine the lat/long coordinates
for actual icon placement.

My information stems from experience with Google Maps API v2 and v3 so YMMV.

-Jay