[thelist] Links and visited links

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Thu Nov 15 11:37:58 CST 2012

Hi Folks,

I have a question about a.link, visited, hover, active. I think it has
become quite standard to have the main navigation links always be the same
color, not changed if they are already visited, but they always have some
change when hovered over.

So what about links in the other parts of content on pages? It was pretty
standard at one point (I think) to have the link be a different color if it
had already been visited. But I don't think I see that any more in websites,
even though some purchased/free designs do have the visited color be
different.

What do you think about this? Should the link color always be consistent?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Nan