[thelist] PHP-ized Style Sheets

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 07:44:23 CST 2013

"Piece of piss"
"Piss off"
"Taking the piss"
"Pissed"

As another Englishman, I think a teacher wouldn't feel comfortable using
any of these in front of other peoples' primary school children — that
aside I think these are all fairly common usage with no implied anger /
offense. It might be a class thing though.

Having said this, you get all sorts on the web. If you're feeling
sensitive, how about…

P(HP)i(zed)St(ylesheets)?

I think common convention for people who really dislike slang words with
scatological etymology is that the words are rendered inoffensive if badly
spelled (hence asterisk-ization, etc).

Better off-piste than pissed off, methinks.