[thelist] FTP user and Joomla

Dan Parry dan at shaded.plus.com
Wed Aug 14 12:21:33 CDT 2013

Hi all

I'm having a bit of an issue with a server I set up. Firstly, I'm not that familiar with server admin but here I am. The problem I'm having is that the FTP user is set up and works fine from desktop FTP clients, but as soon as I put the exact same details into Joomla it chokes. Joomla remains unable to write to files without at least 666 permissions.

I'm really not sure where to start here as the FTP details definitely work and the FTP layer works on the server I use. Could someone please help point me in the right direction? I have full SSH access so no problems there.

Many thanks in advance

Dan