[thelist] FTP user and Joomla

Dan Parry dan at shaded.plus.com
Wed Aug 14 13:47:14 CDT 2013

Hi Nan

Joomla can use an FTP layer to save setting write permissions on files/folders. As its global, it allows the upload of installable software as well as media handling. All that seems to work

The problem is with the Joomla Updater (automatic framework update), which fails on the very first file-write operation. I do know this to be working on other sites. The feature has been requested to be working but as the other FTP operations have no problem I'm a little stumped

Oh, I forgot to mention it's Joomla 2.5

Thanks

Dan