[thelist] FTP user and Joomla

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Wed Aug 14 14:59:46 CDT 2013

If it's permissions, then only the configuration file should be 444, other files 644 and folders 755;  umask in my .bashrc is "umask 022"

typically when I first install joomla, first thing after:

% find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
% find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

configuration.php gets corrected after. sometimes packages/themes get created with wrong perms.

chmod 777 is bad but not as bad as:

# cd
# \rm -rf *

That story still conjures up chuckles and heckling.

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz