[thelist] PHP Mail() function

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Sat May 31 09:58:23 CDT 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Santilal Parbhu
<santilal at scorpioneng.co.nz> wrote:

> Hey thanks for the help.  However, I have found that I am barking up the
> wrong tree.  I inserted a test script and found that it worked.  So then I
> disabled everything in my script that accesses the database and essentially
> just left the mail() part.  This also worked.  So there must be something in
> the data that I select that is stopping the email going out.  Perhaps a
> control character or similar.  Is this possible.

Anything's possible :-)

However, to repeat: what's in the logs? If mail sending is failing due
to some charset/encoding issue, I would expect to see that logged.

Actual data from your environment trumps guessing in most cases...

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan