[thesite] b.e.o. - IE Browsers

Bruce Heerssen bruce at heerssen.com
Tue Oct 30 09:31:59 CST 2001

On Monday 29 October 2001 23:01, you wrote:
> Thanks Bruce and Joel,
>
> Ok, if anyone has CD versions, pipe up with version numbers etc. and
> perhaps Dan could allow you access directly to b.e.o. or send the CD's via
> postal mail or post them somewhere else or  I dunno, some other solution
> ... hehehe

I have version 5.0 (win) on my CF Studio 4.5 cd. My copy of Fireworks 2 has
ie3 and ie4.

There may be a problem though. All of these come with cab files and what not
that seem to be associated with the install, but I can't be sure because I
can't install them (newer version on my win box - and no, I'm not going to do
anything weird to my windows installation). But if someone has some spare
time and a couple of old boxen to use for research, we can check this out.

FWIW, I believe that the early WinNT 4.0 disks came with IE 2 (which can
probably be ripped, btw) - that would make a good install base for testing.
Anyone have a copy?

Oh yeah, the install program IE 5.0 is 15 megs and I'm on dial-up. But I'm
happy to upload it somewhere if no one else can get it faster.

-Bruce